Saturday 21 April 2012

Three short hay(na)ku for Cathym (Day 21)















(I)

Face
kisses face
in morning rain.

(II)

Loving
You is
More than truth.

(III)

I
Love you
I love you.



(Day 21 of http://www.napowrimo.net/ asked for 'Our prompt today comes to us from Vince Gotera, who suggests that we try out hands at hay(na)ku. This is a verse form similar to the haiku, invented by Eileen Tabios, and which Vince named! For more on the history of hay(na)ku, take a look here.
The hay(na)ku form is pretty easy. Each hay(na)ku contains three lines. The first line has one word, the second line has two words, and the third line has three words. You can chain hay(na)ku together into multi-verse poems.
Here’s a simple (and admittedly not very good!) example:
Do
you like
writing poems? Yes!
Unlike the haiku, hay(na)ku have no syllable restrictions, so your words can be as long or short as you please. Happy writing!'.. Although I have wrote haiku before, this was a totally new form for me and therefore been the case, it made sense my first three attempts at this were wrote for my partner and although are fairly simple maybe were fun to write) 

No comments:

Post a Comment